My best friend Jeena was in town last weekend and we decided to go for a Fish spa. We have been planning to go for this since forever! In Bangalore, Kenko spa offers fish spa treatment for your feet and hands. It has branches in Lavelle road and Garuda Mall as well.
This wasn't my first time here. I had been here on my birthday last year & loved it, which is why I wanted Jeena to try it as well. They have this pool of zillion small, tiny, cute but freaky fish, into which we have to dip our feet for them to feed on the dead cells. I remember the first few minutes I didn't dip my feet because I thought it would hurt me. And just when I dipped my feet all the fish rushed towards my feet. This just freaked me out. But the lady over there told me that, its not at-all painful and its kinda ticklish. That's exactly what it was - freaking ticklish! You end up laughing and screaming because when the fish are nibbling on your dead cells, it tickles. Its so cute to see the lil ones eat. This is the same experience Jeena went through. Towards the start it was weird, but later we both loved it and wanted that ticklish feeling to last longer. But it was just a 10 minutes procedure. We could have opted for the 20 or 30 minutes one, but its kinda too pricey at 420rupees for 20 minutes as all they do is wash your feet before and after the procedure. They don't even apply a moisturizer later or massage your feet. So basically, we feed the fish. They should pay us! Haha! =] But the tingly feeling is something that everyone should try atleast once.
These fishes are called Garra Rufa.. They nibble on your skin removing all the dead cells through natural exfoliation. It is also called Doctor fish because it heals people affected with skin problems like psoriasis.


No comments:
Post a Comment